Las Vegas just seems to attract bad drivers and dangerous conditions. It is reported that over 30,000 car accidents happen in Clark County, and that number could be higher since many people fail to report car accidents. It is reported that from 2010-2014, over 1,000 drivers lost their lives in car accidents. But owning a car is a necessity in Las Vegas. Some of the causes of automobile accidents include road conditions, driver error, texting, alcohol influence, drugs, and just plain old mother nature. If you get into a car, bus, or motorcycle accident, Stovall & Associates' team of experienced attorneys will help you get the best possible outcome for your case, because we have over thirty years of trial experience fighting insurance companies and evaluating very difficult cases.
Some things that an inexperienced lawyer will cost you in your case:
- Loss in compensation due to a failure to properly assess soft tissue injuries.
- Loss in compensation due to a failure to properly assess spinal and neck injuries.
- Loss in compensation because of settling too quickly.
- Loss in compensation due to a failure to properly file a lawsuit.
Top Five things to do if you have been in car accidents.
- If you get into a car accident, the first you need to do is to not leave! Yes, it is important that you stay at the place where the accident happened unless you or someone needs emergency care.
- Did anyone get hurt? If so, the next important thing to do is to call an ambulance so that either you or the other party can get medical help!
- The next important thing to do is to call the police! They will make a report of what happened and get the information of everyone involved.
- Get as much information as possible! In addition to the information gathered by the police, you need to get as much information as you can for yourself. Make sure to get the addresses, names, contact numbers, drivers' licenses,. Email addressees, license plate numbers, names of everyone's insurance providers and policy numbers.
- Make sure to take pictures of the damage to your car and the other car(s)! This is so that you have hard evidence of what happened in the accident.
What to expect after a car accident:
- Nausea- it is normal to feel sick after a car accident
- Difficulty sleeping
- Fatigue and listlessness
- Memory loss
- Concentration and focus problems
- Changes in appetite
- Mood swings
- Personality changes
- Difficulty controlling your emotions or responses
- Neck or shoulder pain or stiffness. Whiplash is the classic delayed symptom.
- Back pain.
- Abdominal pain or swelling
AFTER AN ACCIDENT SEE A DOCTOR WITHIN 72 HOURS. It is also very important to continue seeking medical treatment if you are injured!
If you do not have health insurance, car insurance, or money to seek medical treatment, our law firm may be able to help you get the medical treatment you need without upfront costs. Do not let lack of medical or car insurance keep you from seeking the legal representation that you need.