Contact Us for a Free Consultation (702) 258-3034

Wrongful Death

You don't have to face the legal battle surrounding your loved one's death alone. Our wrongful death attorneys are here for you.

A wrongful death action may be brought when a person dies or is killed because of the negligence of another. A wrongful death action is a civil lawsuit filed in Clark County District Court. The lawsuit seeks payment to the victim's family to compensate them for their losses as well as for their pain and suffering.

Why do I need a lawyer for wrongful death?

Proving wrongful death requires establishing numerous elements. This process is very burdensome and requires evidence, research and filing legal documents. It should be noted that wrongful death civil actions have a lower burden of proof than criminal cases, but the burden to prove the case is on the Plaintiff. If the Clark County District Attorney declined to file charges -- or the jury found the defendant "not guilty" -- you can still bring a civil lawsuit for wrongful death.

What's needed to establish a wrongful death claim in Clark County?

Wrongful death actions, must show:

  1. The death of a person;
  2. Caused by another's negligence, or with intent to cause harm;
  3. The survival of family members who are suffering monetary injury as a result of the death, and;
  4. The appointment of a personal representative for the decedent's estate.
Shutterstock 343682648

What Caused Your Loved One's Death?

Accidents that may lead to a wrongful death lawsuit, are:

  • Motor Vehicle Accidents
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Criminal behavior;
  • Death during a supervised activity;
  • Product Liability
  • Workplace Accidents
  • Other Accidents


You may be able to file a claim for damages (monetary damages) for:

  • Earnings & lost wages
  • Burial and funeral costs,
  • Medical expenses,
  • Pain and suffering,
  • Loss of companionship

Can I File a Wrongful Death Claim?

Under Nevada law, “heirs and personal representatives” of the deceased may file a wrongful death claim. You may be considered an heir or personal representative of the deceased if you are:

  • An immediate family member (child, spouse, parent)
  • A legal dependent
  • A representative of his or her estate

You Cannot File a Wrongful Death Claim if you are:

  • Fiancés and fiancées
  • Foster children
  • Stepchildren
  • Unmarried partners

Contact us today to see how we can help you with a wrongful death claim!

Free Initial Consultation

Still unsure if we're the right option? No worries. Give us a call to set up a free consultation. We'll take a look at your case and tell you what we think your best options are. If that includes hiring us, great. If not, we'll use our extensive knowledge of the legal community to set you up with an attorney who gives you the best chance to win.