Contact Us for a Free Consultation (702) 258-3034

Burns from scolding water

Many apartment complexes in Las Vegas are old and property managers/owners have not remodeled their units. Drastic temperature swings can occur in these places. Replacing the plumbing in order to give each unit its own water heater is costly. Replacing the water valve to something you can adjust is also very costly. There are a lot of codes that are not being followed resulting in severe scalding injuries.

A recent study showed that there are approximately sixty thousand hot water scoldings per year. It is now basically understood that the standard set for hot water by the American National Standard Institute (ANSI) is that the hot water should not generate water above 125 degrees Fahrenheit.

The hotter the water, the faster you will be burned. If the water temperature is 150 degrees, you can get severely injured.

If you are renting an apartment, single-family home, or even if you get burned while staying at one of the hotels you should:

  • Get medical treatment and keep all records
  • File a complaint to the landlord or hotel
  • You may ask for rent abatement since the location is not properly habitable
  • Keep records of your complaints – if possible, make them in writing.

Contact us if you have been burned by scalding water and let us assist you and help you get the best results.

Free Initial Consultation

Still unsure if we're the right option? No worries. Give us a call to set up a free consultation. We'll take a look at your case and tell you what we think your best options are. If that includes hiring us, great. If not, we'll use our extensive knowledge of the legal community to set you up with an attorney who gives you the best chance to win.