Drowning And Swimming Pool Injuries
A swimming pool accident can result in serious injuries, like brain injuries, paralysis and even death. If you or someone you know has suffered a swimming pool injury, call Stovall & Associates. Our Las Vegas swimming pool injury attorneys have experience representing clients who have suffered swimming pool injuries. We can help you get the money you deserve.
If you have a child who has been hurt or killed in a swimming pool accident, it is critical to work with a skilled team of lawyers. Cases of this kind can become extremely complex and contentious, so it is critical to work with an experienced attorney who can make sure you get the best compensation award possible. At Stovall & Associates we have the experience and knowledge to win your case.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a swimming pool injury, or have suffered the loss of a loved one due to drowning, there are legal remedies available to you under Nevada laws. You may be entitled to money damages under the following theories:
- Wrongful death: A claim against a person or group who is liable for another's death whether it was accidental or intentional
- Premises liability: A claim against a person or group for dangerous conditions that resulted in or contributed to your injury.
- Negligence: A claim against a person or group for negligent actions that resulted in or contributed to your injury.
Las Vegas, Henderson and Southern Nevada sees an unfortunately high rate of drowning in residential pools, hotel pools, Cowabunga Bay, Wet n' Wild, and Lake Mead. In many of these cases, someone other than the victim is legally at fault. In some cases, the drowning victim doesn't die, but suffers injuries that can include lifelong disabilities, brain injuries and paralysis.
If someone in your family suffered injuries or death from drowning in a Las Vegas swimming pool or other body of water, you may be able to file a lawsuit for:
- Lost wages
- pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
- Medical bills,
- Occupational or physical therapy
What is “drowning” in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Nevada law defines a “drowning” as a suffocation and death due to the lungs filling with water or other liquid substance. Drowning ranks as the fifth leading cause of unintentional injury deaths in the United States. An average of 3,533 fatal unintentional drownings occur every year in the U.S., 20% of which are children 14 and younger.
Did you know
The biggest drowning risk categories are
- Men: Males comprises nearly 80% of people who fatally drown.
- Children: One to four-year-olds make up the highest rate of drowning among children. Most drowning deaths in child occur in swimming pools.
- Minorities: Recent statistics show that more African Americans drown more than Caucasians across all ages. Black children ages five to 14 are nearly three times more likely to drown than white children that age.
What are my legal claims for drowning in Las Vegas, Nevada?
If your drowning accident occurred because someone else was being irresponsible then you can hire oue law firm to help you.
Reasons why a property owner or operator might be negligent:
- Untrained or inattentive lifeguards;
- Failure to administer appropriate first aid or to call 9-1-1 after a drowning.
- Inadequate pool maintenance;
- Hazardous property conditions (such as uneven concrete);
Wrongful death suits are also appropriate in drowning cases where another person physically caused the drowning through intentional or reckless behavior. Even when the victim was partially at fault the family of the victim may be able to receive compensation.
Call our Las Vegas Nevada drowning accident lawyers for help…
Drowning is often the fault of someone else failing to meet a legally required standard of care. If you have questions about potential legal claims associated with drowning, contact our Las Vegas NV personal injury lawyers for a FREE consultation using the form or calling us.
Because of our long history of handling all types of auto accident cases, we have the answers you need to help put your life back together.
There Are Time Limits On When You Can Take Legal Action.
Time is of the essence. Please contact Stovall & Associates today for a free, no risk consultation. Remember when you hire Stovall & Associates, we go all in with you, and you pay nothing until we win your case! You will always talk with an attorney when you call our firm, day or night. We are here for you.